Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday 11/4/2010 the Thursday class switch

Today was the first time we switched the BJJ class and the Judo class. We did Judo first, at 6 and BJJ next at 7:30. I was a bit disappointed by the low turnout for the switch. I think that it's the right move long term, but, after the years of one time, it will take a bit of adjustment for the class time to change.  I also think that I will have to be flexible for the start time as some people will be arriving late. That's fine as I would rather they come late than not at all. The Thursday class for Judo will be primarily stand-up because it will be followed by BJJ. Pretty standard class for me for small participants. I did throws and fits and worked people into the sets as they arrived. I think we ended with 8 or so people on the mat we finished up with randori. and then went on to BJJ.

The BJJ class was also small. I need to be a little patient as the classes rebuild. I wasn't happy with the intensity levels. I didn't feel a lot of urgency. I think the class/time switch effected it but, I need to up the intensity a little to get us back on the road. I need to get the numbers and intensity level back to what I expect. This does tend to be a quieter time of the year with the early and cold evenings and all of the holidays coming. I was disappointed by the light BJJ tonight and in general. There was a lot of purported intent to cross train and so far i haven't seen as much as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment