Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Friday 10/29/2010

Weston Open Mat - just four of us were at the Open mat. Pretty standard sets with Me, Danger, Blue John and Jack. There was one interesting exchange with Danger. Before our second set i was thinking that i should go for positions I don't usually use as much, like taking the back and thought I should go for the position. I didn't consciously work for it, but saw an opportunity and got the back with hooks. I came close to the strangle but he worked to the correct side to get his escape. Meaning I was back to the ground behind him with the right hand in a normal gi strangle position i.e. Okuri Eri Jime with him on the correct side (my left). He worked to the correct side to escape (my right). He was beginning to work out of the hooks, so I released the right hook and triangled his left leg/hip and brought him back to the correct strangling side (my left) by using the leverage of the closed triangle on his leg/hip. the the angle precluded the Okuri Eri Jimi, but, I switched to a Kata Hajime (single wing strangle) and he almost went out. It was a good response to the escape and I need to lock it into my game, but, i want to look for the chance to test it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment