Monday, December 07, 2009

November 18, 2009 - Thursday.

Did a lunch class at the Westin and open mat and Judo at Maxercise. Classes ahave been fin but the implosion of the BJJ program continues. Zak, tim and Brian have left to follow Regis sice John has cut ties with Regis They are going to open a competing club. They don't all realize it yet (though I am sure Regis does) but they will all soon be trying to burn the other sides club down as that will gove them the best chance to succeed. The three who left are the best competitors and will take many of the better competitors, but, most of the students have such limited experience with different instructors they don't realize what barely competant instructors the ones leaving are. Regis is fantastic but, he won't be around much. The three who will be teaching are very limited ans aren't prepared to lead a club. Its a shame it working this way. they would all be good secondary instructors but no one has taught them to teach and they don't seem to have an instinct for it. I think they will continue on with the momentum of the students who leave, but, they don't seem geared to be a club that will grow. Not sure honestly how Maxercise will do, honestly, but they are in a good position to survive, better actually than they were before the split. My main if not only goal will remain protecting and nurturing the Judo club. Both sides have great risks and limited upside right now, but they could turn the corner. I will have to wait and watch the developments. sucks because they are all my friends but, I have to take care of my guys and myself first. Interesting though that John and I have been more in touch with each other than in quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment